The nurse handed the new father a baby blanket. He looked at her then looked at the blanket in his hands, with tears in his eyes he muttered “I never knew a blanket could make me so happy.”
Just an hour before this young father thought that abortion was the best choice for his girlfriends unplanned pregnancy, then he saw his sweet baby on the ultrasound. Now the young couple are planning to welcome this new life into their new family.
Thank you, to all of you who have donated blankets! You are making a impact for LIFE! Most of the time these sweet blankets are the first baby gifts these new parents receive and it’s truly a blessing! We have heard stories of these blankets bringing great comfort. Of young mothers sleeping with these blankets and holding them tight as they focus on the value of the life inside their womb as the world around them is pushes it’s own agenda.
In fact, we are in need of more blankets to bless our new parents and babies.
If you are not a blanket maker there are other ways to be apart of this amazing LIFE saving ministry.
A list of needs for Informed Choices…
- Computers! Many of our computers are very old and are held together by prayer.
- Ultrasound Models needed! We are doing ultrasound training at all the clinics so we going to need pregnant models. First trimester is best. If you or someone you know is expecting and would like a free ultrasound please call us at 319-337-0575.
- We are in need of more volunteers at the Iowa City, Ames, Fort Dodge, Burlington Clinics and “Charlie” the mobile Clinic in Des Moines.
- We need Volunteer Nurses, Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, RDMS’s and Physician Assistant. If you our someone you know would be interested in saving lives and partnering with this amazing ministry. Go to http://www.informedchoiceia.org/volunteer-applications/ to fill out an application.
- We also have a need for Non-medical volunteers like Church Liaisons, Receptionist, Drivers, Sidewalk counselors and cleaning. Again just go to http://www.informedchoiceia.org/volunteer-applications/ to print out and fill out an application.
- This year we are adding some much needed services to the already robust outreach of the clinics. The role of a Life Coach/Client Advocate will communicate with clients and provide mentorship for clients. This will help our nurses, since our number of clients has grown so significantly. We will have our first training in March.
- We are also partnering with an organization called “Kaden’s Kloset” which provides material assistance to at-risk families and foster parents. Please keep these new ventures in your prayers. We are going to need volunteers for these roles and added finances.
- Prayer needed! Please pray for the clients, staff, volunteers and their families. Pray that we continue to grow our financial giving so we can keep expanding our services across the state, to save more lives. We are on the front lines of the battle for the lives of these precious little Iowans and their families. Just pray what God puts on your heart or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a prayer list of needs. We would love to have an e-mail list of prayer warriors to e-mail with urgent prayer request. Let me know if you would like to be on this list.
Thank you for loving the lost with His perfect love!