Walk for LIFE
Life is Beautiful!
May 11th ~ Kent Park ~ Iowa City or
June 15th ~ Ada Hayden~ Ames
Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend thru
Saturday of Father’s Day weekend
Registration 8:30 am
Register Here www.iowawalkforlife.org
You Can Make A Difference By Walking…It’s EASY!
- This is not a protest- it is not a rally.
- This is not an athletic event, but a walk. ALL can participate in it.
- Easy… only two miles…everyone can do that! Small time commitment…only 1 ½ hours on Saturday at Kent Park in Iowa City and Ada Hayden Park in Ames.
- No need to Collect money… Informed Choices will do that.
- Each walker has a sphere of influence.
- Commemorative T-shirt for $250.00 in Pledges.
- Can’t Walk that day? NO PROBLEM! Walk any other day between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- Can’t Walk? NO PROBLEM! Skip, hop, bike or crawl.
Your Support will save lives!
Q & A
Q. “Do I have to collect the money?”
A. No, you do NOT collect the money. You can register on-line at www.iowawalkforlife.org or Turn your Pledge Forms in at the Walk and the money will be collected through the mail. If sponsors want to give you money, please mark “Paid Cash” or “Paid Check” below their name, and turn in the checks and/or cash with your Pledge Form.
Q. “How far do I have to walk?”
A. It’s only about 2 miles so all ages can participate. You will be asking your family and friends to sponsor you with a single, generous, tax-deductable gift for your participation in the 2 mile event, instead of being sponsored on a per mile basis.
Q. “How much can I raise?”
A. There’s no limit – you’ll be surprised how easy it is! Nine out of ten people will say YES! The more people you ask, the more help we will be able to provide. When you reach the minimum amount in pledges (an average of 12 sponsors) you get a FREE Walk T-shirt.
Q. What if I can’t be there that day?”
A. No problem! Walk on your own and mail in your sponsor form or bring it by our office.
Q. “What if it rains?”
A. Bring an umbrella and walk. Or just bring the forms to us on the day of the Walk and walk on your own as soon as possible.
Q. “How do I ask someone to sponsor me and who will do it?”
A. Simply ask everyone you know… “Will you sponsor me?” You’ll be surprised at the number of people who will support you. Read the possibilities! At Work: Co-workers, staff, your boss – Family: Parents, siblings, cousins – Friends: Church, clubs, neighbors, students & anyone else who knows you – Mail or E-mail: Your address book (Ask about “Out-of-Town Sponsor Letter”), FaceBook, MySpace – Don’t Forget: Previous Sponsors.